- Confident your financial arrangements and practice really is ‘best practice’?
- Needing some assurance that financial controls are working as intended?
- Unsure if you’re risking penalty for not complying with relevant legislation?
- Wanting some evidence to show your ‘credibility’ with a potential funder?
It can be helpful for a trusted third party to ‘healthcheck’ an organisation by ‘holding up’ what is currently does, against best practice and the requirements of relevant legislation.
WYCAS can offer your organisation an external healthcheck with a plan for improvement in any or all, of the following areas:
Effective management and control:
- Management accounts and reporting
- Budgeting and forward planning
- Managing financial risk
- Financial roles and responsibilities
Safeguarding and stewardship:
- Financial controls and practice
- Authorisation of expenditure
- Cash and bank and petty cash,handling
- Insurance arrangements
Complying with regulatory requirements:
- Relevant Charity Commission, HMRC, Companies Act registration, reporting and filing
- Staffing and volunteer expenses
- Payroll procedures and practice
We also work with funders using their toolkits and processes to review and support funded organisations.
Please contact Simon Bostrom if you would like to find out more about how our healthcheck service could help your organisation.