West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS) supports organisations to manage their finances more effectively and efficiently. Our specialist and highly knowledgeable team offer you training, support and tailored services to help you to better manage your finances and meet the various regulatory requirements allowing you to focus on delivering your services. Unique in West Yorkshire, WYCAS has been operating since 2000. In that time we have built up an excellent track record for providing financial management training and accounting services particularly within the voluntary and community sector.
At WYCAS we are here:
To develop the ability of voluntary and community sector organisations with charitable aims to manage their money more efficiently and effectively, enabling them to better attain the objectives they were set up to achieve.
At WYCAS we believe in:
Promoting equality of opportunity
- by enabling disadvantaged and socially excluded communities and their members to access high quality, affordable accounting and financial management support.
Educating and enabling
- by demystifying accounting language and financial procedures.
Creating empowerment not dependency
- by providing organisations with the skills to manage their finances effectively.
Being locally managed and locally based
- by reflecting the diversity of local communities and enabling increased take up of services by smaller, emerging and grass roots organisations.
As a not for profit organisation
- offering services which are normally prohibitively expensive either free or at an affordable rate.